Tips and Treatment Options for Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar Fasciitis is known as the foot condition in which you experience inflammation in a band of tissue in the soles of your foot. This causes you to experience severe pain in heels. The pain caused by this condition is acute to the extent that it becomes difficult to do daily activities, or even just walk. If careful measures are taken, the pain might be reduced for this condition. These include:
- Try reducing inflammation, swelling and pain using ice packs.
- Take pain killers like ibuprofen to help with the pain.
- Try to rest your feet as much as you can. This will help a lot in easing the pain in your heels.
- Try exercising your feet during this condition. Just a few flexes will assist your foot to feel better instead of going sore.
- Get adjustments to raise the heel of your shoes in order to match the arch of your feet.
- Avoid walking on uneven and bumpy surface.
- Try wearing splints at night while sleeping.
- Customized shoes or Sole inserts
It is important to note that these are measures to help you ease the pain and reduce the inflammation on your feet from plantar fasciitis Sydney. In case your feet are not getting any better, you need to visit a specialist to help you with your condition before it becomes worse.
Other Treatments for Acute Heel Pain
- To reduce inflammation in feet, you can take a shot of cortisone. This is for conditions when the pain is extreme. Although cortisone itself is also a little painful, but it is very effective to treat inflammation.
- Opt for Extracorporeal shock wave therapy. In this, external shock waves are guided towards the the inflamed parts of the plantar fascia. This treatment is recommended for people who are athletic and are runners.
- There are many surgical procedures for treating the worst conditions as well. This is recommended to people who are experiencing heel pain Sydney for months even after other treatments.
Plantar Fasciitis Manly Vale can be triggered through many little conditions and thins, which is why it is important to learn about the precautions you can take to save yourself from this condition. The first thing that causes this condition is being obese. Extra weight puts pressure on your feet which can cause heel pain. Other than this, the type of shoes you wear matters as well; try wearing heels with shoes with a wide and stable heel. Avoid wearing worn-out shoes. Try to avoid walking on hard and rough surfaces if you are barefoot.
Sometimes, exercise can also cause lead to the condition of plantar fasciitis. The prevention in this is to always warm up before any exercise, instead of running suddenly. Prepare your muscles to get used to the exercise. It is also important to invest in good quality running shoes and replacing them after they have worn out. These preventive measures will help you save your feet from the trouble of this condition and keep your feet healthy.